Pages

Monday, February 29, 2016

Dear David

Thank you for the nice 'feel better' comments that I found today. I know you told Audrey to deliver your messages to me but she didn't. :-b She was on the phone most of the day looking for more assistance.
Now she is resting up after two horribly neglectful days.


"HEY!!!!"
"Sorry."

It's been snowing again and spring looks far off to me today. This next month is always hard to get through; our impatience for spring shows on our faces. We are so bored with winter by now and want to get outside to clean up the grounds and plan for spring gardens. But, when you look out our windows it seems months away.
So, planting inside is all we can do for now. And decorating...always decorating.

Now that does not look like a new bird at the feeders.

No, that's our neighbour, David.
You must know by now my love for cats but I see I will have to give this guy a talkin' to when I see him again.
Before we moved to this property it was a vacant lot full of mice, moles, chipmunks and birds passing through.
David loved it here; it was his hunting ground.
We have invaded his property, in his mind.

He knows we welcome him at the mouse-house but not at the feeders.
We actually enjoy this big tabby boy.

Hmmm...this could be quite a conundrum.

So,  I filled the feeders once again and lured him over to the mouse-house. I gave him some scritches and a treat and looked him straight in the eyes. "David, you are a magnificent cat. Every-time I look at you I see the wildness of the tiger, the power of the cheetah. I really do adore you BUT YOU CAN'T HUNT HERE.
"Now go home."
And he did head home. 
He's a funny guy.

In my boredom, I have spent some time going through my Easter decor.
Audrey helped.
My step-back cupboard is ready for when the grandittles visit...full of Easter delights.
Maybe my next post will have some colour. :)

"Happy Leap Day to everyone."
We still await our grandson's arrival.
I think he was waiting for nana to feel better.
Well, I'm better now.
It would be fun to have a leap-year baby.
:)


hugs, Deb



14 comments:

  1. Glad your feeling better ! We got lots of rain over night , they are warning of a snow storm for Ontario but I some how don't think we will get much if any at all the ground here is warm and the birds are plucking worms and grubs from it already . Miggs keeps the other cats at bay from my feeders , Oh Audrey your silly ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Audrey!x was on the phone looking for
    more assistance...Actually Audrey!x you'll
    find it much more useful using a 'tabby~let'.
    HeHe! Bless!x

    And..David looks lovely! Looks as though he
    knows his territory inside out...Loves the snow
    to...! :).

    And, being born on a leap year! The 29th. That
    means a birthday every four years...What fun,
    you'd stay younger than anyone else! On paper
    anyway! :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling better, and I agree about wanting Spring to arrive so badly, that it's maddening when the cold keeps hanging around. I keep putting my big snow-shoveling boots away, only to have to bring them out of the closet again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Deb, I wish I could send you sunshine...Spring is popping here in North Carolina and I know it would make you feel better. Tell Audrey to give us a call if she ever needs assistance again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our neighbors had a leap year baby....so cool! Glad the baby waiting for you to be better!

    David! What a handsome guy he is! Hope his hunting is fruitless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you are feeling better and why am I not surprised that Miss Audrey was too busy to pass on get well wishes!! I'm ready for Spring also. I know you are waiting for that new little one to arrive any time now.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flu can be pretty tough going. If Audrey is over her 'being neglected', then that must mean that you are feeling better. I'm glad of that. My lot would be happy to have me at home and in bed, so they could spend more time snoozing with me - but that sounds more like what Annie would do than Audrey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. David certainly is being a cat. Good that you're on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Audrey, you make me laugh! On the phone looking for more assistance! and just look at those feet sticking out of the covers. How do you always know when your Mom is talking about you?:) Glad you are feeling better Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Leap Day to you too! I hope David keeps his paws to himself! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deb, So glad you're feeling better. I'm sure Audrey is glad too. As for David, we have one like him here. He's a young feral that spends most of his day hanging out either in the tree branch overlooking the bird feeder or on the ground beneath it... hoping a bird will just fall into his mouth. It's really funny to watch. As far as we know, he's never caught anything.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you're up and at 'em again!

    I've always heard Leap Day babies have the best birthday parties every 4 years ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you're feeling a bit better, Deb! Waiting for the good news on the grand baby....so exciting!

    ReplyDelete