Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Dusting off dishes brings a recent memory to mind.

I'm lovin' my new blue & white place-mats that my daughter gave me for Mother's Day. Does this girl know her mom or what?


Today I did a bit of re-organizing and added my red and white tea-cups for summer tea.

Annie loves to join me when I am playing with my dishes.
If there was ever a dishaholic cat that would be Annie.  ;-)

"Ha! Ha!, she kills me."

As I dusted off and added my red and white tea-cups to the old step-back cupboard, I was reminded of the first time I met Natalie and Ronna. We had become friends through blogging, and because we lived only an hour and a half apart, we met and had such a fun day together. It was a day of drinking tea, having lunch and touring the towns of Almonte and Carleton Place. 
Natalie, me and Ronna
It wasn't long after that they dropped by again with their guys, Gordon and Richard. They preferred their tea and coffee in more manly mugs.


Richard & Ronna      Natalie & Gordon
They are a great bunch of people. :)

I'm hoping they find some time this summer to drop by the mouse-house. Oh, it will be a tight squeeze for sure, but tea, coffee and some treats will be ready.


Drop over and enjoy their blogs.


hugs, Deb



7 comments:

  1. I love the blue and white placemats. Beauty in simplicity. My mother collected dishes. I really never felt the need but I do love china cups. Tiny house little kitchen... No room. Annie is a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO fun to see Natalie sitting there at your table with Gordon. I got a kick out of seeing two bloggers I read together in one place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss Deb and need to get out to the Mouse House!!

      Delete
  3. That sounds like so much fun!

    Love the summer cups!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catching up on my blog reading and YES I want to visit the mouse house this summer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll be back. Nat and I will plan a summer outing to the mouse house for sure!

    ReplyDelete