Pages

Monday, May 25, 2015

Toll-house cookies with tea.

On this rainy day, the mouse-house got a going-over and the cookie jar was filled.

Audrey helps make the bed....her way. It never looks right to me but I don't complain. She doesn't care anyway.

And she helped me do the dishes. Bless her.
                                                        "You missed a spot"

But, when it comes to baking, all cats must keep their distance so I wait until they are in a deep snooze.
Today I made Toll-house Cookies or Chocolate Chip, as I call them. Until now, I wondered why the famous chocolate chip cookie was sometimes called Toll-house cookies. Here's why...
http://www.women-inventors.com/Ruth-Wakefield.asp

So yummy!

(I mix the old fashioned way because, well....I'm old.)

                                       ORIGINAL TOLL-HOUSE COOKIES
1 c plus 2 tbsp of flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c butter softened
6 tbsp white sugar
6 tbs brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp water
1 egg
1 cup (or less) chocolate chips

Sift together flour,soda and salt
set aside
Combine butter. sugars,vanilla and water
Beat until creamy
Beat in egg
Add flour mixture
Mix well
Stir in chips
Drop by tspn full on prepared cookie sheet
Bake 10 - 12 minutes at 375

If you want smaller cookies just drop by 1/2 teaspoonful on sheet.

These are great cookies to have with tea. Which is just what we did.

Have a good day. Enjoy a cuppa. :)

I'm joining Sandi at http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.ca/ for Tea-time.
hugs, Deb

21 comments:

  1. It is cookie day here today too. Audrey is a great helper. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb,
    Your cookies look wonderful and I do love your blue teacup! I made your lemon bars dessert over the weekend and it is delicious. Hubby loves it! I'm hoping I will have some left for my company. Thanks for joining me for tea today and have a good week. We're having a fabulous warm day today and we're getting the rain tomorrow.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey appears to be a fabulous snoopervisor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have missed so many posts!
    We only had a brief rain....want more!
    Love your cookies and wee jars of pansies♥️
    Audrey was a sweet baby!
    Enjoy your week, Deb!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer the term 'chocolate chip'. 'Toll-house' sounds like a brand name, and too American.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cookies look yummy. Audrey knows that humans require close supervision.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the photos of Audrey! I hope Audrey got her share of the Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies. LOL (The recipe on the outside of the bag is my favorite!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cookies look yummy!
    Ear scritches to Audrey =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lately I've given up on making the bed. Charlie dives under it and tears it up as soon as he spots a fly or gnat or flying creature. Lately I've just been putting a bottom fitted sheet and a blanket.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love chocolate chip cookies! A Nestle Toll House Cafe opened about a year ago at one of our local malls.

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUMMY ! I bet Audrey is quite the good helper ! We had lots of dark clouds but no rain fell from them for us today has been windy though ! Lovely photos ! Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cookie day here @ 44 too. Chocolate chip too altho I added some dried cherries to mine. We must be on the same cookie thought train.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Audrey looks like a very good helper! I have that same kind of "help" making the bed! lol
    I love the way choc. chip cookies make the house smell. It is rainy and damp in GA today; a good day for a cuppa! Have a nice day, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have the same rules....cats welcome except when cooking/baking. Then the counters get wiped off and the baking begins. It's fun to have a helper when making the bed, though, isn't it? It becomes one big game. Sometimes if there are too many helpers I give up and wait a while. lol.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can understand how Audrey helps you make the bed. I have several that do the same. What they want is to be first on the warm clean sheets (towels too). And I love pics of pretty tea cups and cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, how Audrey brighten up my day! Your cookies and tea look delicious, but I'm pretending not to have seen them. I've to stick to this diet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Audrey looks proud enough after helping you in your work. Home made cookies sounds yummy with tea...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I mix the old-fashioned way, too. And chocolate chip cookies?? The very best homemade treat. Nice to have a helper with your housework :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi: Love the blue transfer ware. Always one of my favorites. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a very old recipe book with recipes from various places and the original recipe is in there! One of my favorites! Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete