Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Juicing 101




We have a new toy in the house. The Nutri-bullet is so easy to make a healthy drink to start your day.
We juiced apple, strawberry, banana, grapes & fresh kale. Then added some filtered water and that's it. 
The kale turns it this colour.

There is NOTHING wasted. You get the whole fruit and vegetable, pulp, seeds and all.
AND - it's so darn easy to clean. Just rinse it out and your done.

This slush was delicious.

"That was the worst looking breakfast EVER."
"That's enough, Audrey"



Then some tea and a home-made blueberry banana muffin. 
Looks like someone's nose still works well...
I always share with 'the boy'

After that smoothie I think I could run a marathon except that it's -10C outside.
Thank goodness. :-)

Hope it's warmer where you are.
We are in for a very cold but sunny week.


hugs, Deb


11 comments:

  1. Admittedly I must agree with Audrey... but then I'm not a fan of kale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably healthier than my new toy... a Nespresso Pixie. Love the blue pottery on your shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Audrey, you are so funny!!! And your buddy in the last photo is oh-so-handsome! My daughter has a Bullet and she LOVES it! Thanks for visiting today. I also love old kitties and doggies!!! :)
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your new toy! Audrey, behave ... you have toys -- your Mom deserves a toy or two, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb i couldn't help but think to myself......i hope she's not eating the apple seeds... they have arsenic in them my dear....... Hugs!! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, it's not arsenic - it's cyanide. More precisely, hydrogen cyanide. But it is bound up pretty securely in a complex compound with a couple of sugar molecules and one of benzaldehyde. It is found in almost all fruit seeds but the best sources are apricot and peach pits, and apple (and pear) seeds. Millet seed too.

      It is controversial and there is two schools of thought. Some people say it will kill you and others say it is a necessary nutrient to fight cancer. You can find some good info here (http://www.worldwithoutcancer.org.uk/laetrile-and-cyanide/) and draw your own conclusions. It is an interesting debate if nothing else.

      Personally, I like the almond flavour it imparts in food.

      best regards

      the retired guy :-)

      Delete
  6. "Do you know what breakfast is made of?
    It's made of all those little curly wooden
    shavings you find in pencil sharpeners!".
    (Willy Wonka in Charlie And The Chocolate
    Factory). :>).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Deb,
    I have to agree with Audrey, thats breakfast? I just can't seem to make a decent drink with the NB contraption. Oh well, I do love your tea-cozy.
    Thanks for stopping by knitalatte and leaving a comment.
    Hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have seen the bullet and am thinking of investing in one....looks easy. I would have to get use to drinking green stuff. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, that slush looks good! Audrey is hilarious. She and Louise are cosmic twins.

    Love Mr. Kane!

    ReplyDelete