Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Cats with thumbs and Molly's kittens

So Audrey likes the idea of cats with thumbs. Not the only cat, I see.


Did you see the kitty embroidering? Just kills me. Ha!

I'm sorry I don't have a pattern for the cat tea-cozy. I found the photo on line but no pattern. Just google 'How to knit a tea-cozy' and you will see many fun ones to knit.

It was stuffed zucchini as a side-dish for dinner last night.
It's fun to prepare and well worth the effort.

It's pretty simple and I don't have a recipe. I just scoop out the inside of the zucchinis and add half of it to some cooked rice and sauted veggies. I use mushrooms, peppers, onion, garlic, basil, sage, thyme, salt & pepper. Add one beaten organic egg. Then I mix in some grated mozzarella cheese. Mix it all together and fill up the boats. Sprinkle more cheese on top and bake for 25 - 30min. at 350 degrees. You can be very creative with these.

If you pop over to http://www.catrescuenetwork.org/adoptable-cats. you will see that Molly (now Maggie E,  I'm not sure what the E stands for) and her kittens are all up for adoption.
They are Aden, Agnes, Ailish, Brent, Fitz, James, Laura & River. All healthy and beautiful thanks to all of your good thoughts and donations. The Ottawa Cat Rescue Network does wonderful work to help save these little lives. "Thank you" so much Louise and Carolyn for all that you do. And "thank you" everyone for your kind thoughts and donations.

hugs, Deb

13 comments:

  1. I hope Maggie and her kittens all find loving homes very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There really are angels among us! Did you see the video on arm knitting? I think Audrey would be a natural:-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh,this will give me nightmares!!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiger's favorite joke is 'cat's wear shoes' and we all laugh, now I'll show him this and he will love cat's have thumbs!!! Going to check out Molly and her kittens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for Maggie and her kitties! Fun post.

    ox

    ReplyDelete
  6. ....haha very nice ;-))).
    Big hugs and kisses from tatjana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh are they not gorgeous? My prayer is that they ALL are adopted to a good home. If only.....just the prettiest ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh are they not gorgeous kittens! I am praying for your Molly girl....for you and all of your babies to be placed in good homes....all so beautiful and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are praying that Maggie gets her chance to be loved and pampered. She so deserves a wonderful life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope Maggie and the kittens all find good homes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha,ha I think Audrey has her own plans with thumbs!
    Delicious recipe I love stuffed zuchini. I wish sweet Molly & her kitten the all the love in the world♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, that stuffed zucchini looks really good. I'll keep that in mind for this summer when zucchini is everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved the video! I do stuffed zucchini but I've never added rice. I'll have to try that. My fingers are crossed that Maggie and her kittens find wonderful forever homes.

    ReplyDelete