Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A little appreciation goes a long way

There are some days that you just feel more appreciated than others. Like last Saturday for instance. As I dished out the 'stinky stuff' to three of my kitty-clients, Matrix came over to give me a hand-butt to say "Thanks for the grub ."

Well, she got an extra spoonful for that gesture.

Caesar's favorite resting place is his pool table but he always gets up to greet me when I arrive. He is as soft as silk and rubs his head on my hands when I talk to him .
He is one of the most handsome cats I have ever met.
Oh, and don't he know it. ha!

Pretty Petra. She took a day or two to warm up to me but now we are best of friends.

Following her lunch and a brushing she then enjoys a few treats on her window perch. This kitty chirps like a bird.

Have I mentioned lately that I love my job?
I do!

A tip for animal safety...
Before disposing of these plastic do-dads take a moment to cut the circles up because it is reported that the wildlife get their heads caught in them at the dumping sights when they are scavenging for food.
That includes feral cats, too. 

hugs, Deb


10 comments:

  1. They are all lovely kitties indeed. That handbutting thing some cats do? Irresistable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I despise those plastic things.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when felines give you a "thank you" hand nudge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All very lovely kitties to ! Our Harley sneaks under your hand a try's to lift it to pat her funny cat ! We don't get anything with those plastic holders but if we did I would cut them in to pieces back in the day they would find ducks, geese and otters with them lodged around them . Good reminder though thanks we all have to look after our animals wild or not . Thanks for sharing . Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these kittie photos! Charlie is a handbutting king!!! Just let me get on he computer and he thinks its time for "HIM" to get attention, and of course he does!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tried to comment yesterday.....no go!
    Those grand kids are unbelievable!
    How lucky are you and the retired guy? Really lucky♥️
    These cats are cool.....funny how they all look different....but kinda the same....
    Enjoy your week.....having great weather....
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You definitely have the best job! Oh, and that's a good tip too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cat pics... as always. Our cats do the hand-butting also - and Rose does what DH calls the butt-rub. If you're in the kitchen and she wants food or a treat, she stretches up and kneads you from behind. (Takes you by surprise sometimes... ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What sweet babies you have....they look to be about as spoiled as my dog, Dash.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have got to be the perfect person for the job!

    ReplyDelete