Pages

Saturday, February 8, 2014

4

4 years ago I lost my good friend, Christine to cancer.

She was a wonderful friend for fifteen years and I was blessed to have known her.

2005
It was because of her loss that I threw myself into creating a blog to fill some time.
She would have enjoyed the world of blogging and most likely had one, too.
She was a joy to know. She loved life, her family and friends, her partner, Rob and her 4 cats. She gave much of her time to cat-rescue and was the Director of Fundraising for our local animal shelter when I met her.  She was very kind to all animals. She was a successful and respected social-worker for the last ten years of her life.  She was a good friend. She passed away at age 52. I still miss her to this day.

In the last 4 years we have sadly lost 4 of our beautiful cats to one disease or another. Christine knew and loved each and every one of them.  In 2010 we lost our darling Maggie at the age of 18; 2012 our sweet Ginny who was 23 & beautiful Cali at 19 and then 2013 we said "farewell" to our handsome boy, Ed at age 25.
And now we live with our 4 remaining felines.

So today I think of my friend Christine and will be filled with a mix of emotions; sadness, joy and thanks to have had such a wonderful friend to share fifteen years of my life.

I miss ya, Chris.

hugs, Deb






13 comments:

  1. Sending a big hug your way, Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love and Hugs Deb! Its wonderful to have such fond memories but the loss is still great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grief. It never really goes away... we just find it possible to live with.

    Have Kane snuggle up close with you today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lucky you were to have had her in your life. Memories are good and bad but mostly good, I think. Pet those purr balls from me,

    JC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time wil make the sadness softer ,but we will never forget ! A beautiful blog with beautiful memories .With a hug from me .She is stil there Deb and looking at you with a smile
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. ((hugs)) from me and gentle head nudges from my kitty brats

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you.....hugs....
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sad to read about your friend, she was much too young to go.
    My Birman girl celebrated her 19th birthday yesterday and I hope to have her for a few years yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Deb, sorry about your friend. She was lucky to have you because it is obvious that you loved her too. She's keeping your beloved furbabies until you can all be reunited. My sister, Caroline, is doing the same for me, I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry about your friend. How wonderful to have had such a friend. And I'm sorry about the loss of your cats. We have lost three over the last five years, and it's hard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful words for your beautiful friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every time you write about her, I think what an awesome woman she must have been!

    ReplyDelete